Thursday, September 7, 2017

September Stitching

I had enough fabric for one more Prairie Bird, and I chose to stitch the Junco.
I still have four designs to go - I need to order more fabric.  I'll probably stitch the remainder sometime next year.

I've been really happy to have a small flock of Chestnut-backed Chickadees at my big bird feeder.  This Red-breasted Nuthatch is also a daily visitor at the feeder.

I have anywhere between 25-35 American Goldfinches in the morning.  As you can see, they're molting and are now dull looking birds.

There are also several Black-capped Chickadees at the feeders.

I think the young California Quail are adorable.

I look daily for this father and child.  So far, so good.

Lots of young quail.

A pretty little lady.

Friday's surprise was a small group of three Pine Siskins.

I heard them chattering and then found them with the American Goldfinches.

They are ID'ed by their tiny sharp beaks and the thin bars of yellow on their wings.  Some winters I have a nice flock of Pine Siskins at the feeders.  I am hoping that will be the case this year. 

5 comments:

MaryO said...

Lovely. So glad Mr. Quail and baby are doing well!

MaryO1230

Maggee said...

So nice to see the baby quail and its daddy are still around. Well, that all are still around, actually! I have about a month till red-breasted Nuthatches arrive... hoping to see them too! You get such a great variety of birds. The American Goldfinches are pretty bright yellow still... at least this past weekend I saw that was true! Hugs!

RJ said...

I love the wonderful photos you get. The birds you showed today are all so adorable and special. I really enjoyed to get to know so much more about birds from you. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Breathtaking said...

Hello!:) A delightful post! I loved your Quail captures,...the baby Quail is adorable.:)

Mary said...

The young quail are indeed adorable!! I have to look if I get pine siskins here, great tip on the identification.