Thursday, September 14, 2017

A Bit of Progress

Well I've finished stitching the chickadee, now on to the letters and the border.  Something about the chickadee's beak bothers me, I think I may frog it out and restitch it in a different color.

Tuesday was the end of summer birds (perhaps).  I did not see any tanagers, flycatchers, or warblers.  I didn't see my Hermit Thrush either though I heard the bird. As I still have photos from earlier in month to share, we'll take another look at some of my summer residents.


Hermit Thrush

Hermit Thrush

I had a Pacific Slope Flycatcher come by late last week.

I expect the bird was just migrating through, but I'll take it!

This is my last (for now anyway) photo of an Orange-crowned Warbler. 

My final sighting of a Warbling Vireo for the year.

And here's a last look at the father / child quail pair.

Yes, a last look. I saw the baby bird late last week without Papa Quail.
Then while I still have lots of quail, no baby in the mix.

6 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Great bird photos, Beth! We haven't had much bird activity the last few days here. I'm wondering if there is a hawk around that we haven't seen.

Mary said...

I wonder if black would work for the beak? I love the quails..the feathers on the head make them so exotic appearing.

pandy said...

The beak does look a bit off but I can't decide if it's the colour or the shape! As always, love your blog!!! :)

Barb said...

That beak is a bit of a problem. I'm not sure, I might try another color and if that does not work either, maybe change the beak just a bit. I always enjoy seeing the quails, they are such interesting birds.

Carol said...

It's sad that the summer birds are migrating, but always a joy to see them return in the spring each year :) I do love this bird stitch you're working on, Beth--I'm sure you'll figure out the beak!

Maggee said...

Oh, I am so sad about the quails... :( I was enjoying seeing that pair! Sigh... It is that time of year when the birds start migrating. I just hope they can get where they need to go, before another tropical storm interferes with their flights. Lots more storms forming out there. The chickadee looks great... all of the series has been really nice. On my wish list! Hugs!